Dear Tasty Tides Customer,
Last week, as we communicated, we put in place new processes such as deep cleaning the facility and contactless delivery as additional precautionary measures to ensure our meals are absolutely safe to consume and proper social distance is maintained between our customers and employees for everyone’s safety. We are very proud of the team for executing this flawlessly from preparing to delivering the meals.
As the COVID-19 pandemic is growing rapidly, we are experiencing shortage of fresh ingredients. On top of that, we are expecting government restrictions in coming days which will hamper our ability to effectively prepare and deliver meals; therefore, we are suspending our operations until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience and please know that we take this situation seriously and doing everything we can to resume our services.
We will be reevaluating the situation and communicating with you on weekly basis.
Thank you for being valued member of Tasty Tides family and placing a trust in us. If you have any questions or need additional information please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Team Tasty Tides
Dear Tasty Tides Customer,
As a valued member of the Tasty Tides family, we appreciate the trust you place in us.
As public health officials respond to the spread of the COVID-19 strain of Coronavirus, we are writing to provide you an update on protective measures Tasty Tides is taking to ensure safety and health of our customers and employees. Please note that the food safety, quality and hygiene is Tasty Tides’s top priority.
We have been and continue to be proactive in our approach to make sure the meals we deliver are prepared hygienically and safe to consume. Below are few preventative measures we have in place:
- Deep cleaning of the kitchen and utensils per health and safety standards.
- Checking temperature and health of every employee before they enter the kitchen and only allowing essential staff to enter the kitchen. No visitors or outsiders are allowed in the kitchen.
- Washing hands often with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds per CDC guidelines.
- Wiping down the equipment with disinfectants.
- Wearing hand gloves and hair net all the times and changing them as required.
- Employees with signs of fever or illness are not allowed in the kitchen.
- All the equipment in the kitchen is sanitized before and after every use.
- Starting this week, delivery drivers will perform contactless delivery. They will call or ring a doorbell, leave the bag on the door and take few steps back to maintain proper distance from you.
Thank you for your continued trust in Tasty Tides, and we look forward to serving you healthy, home-style meals.